VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - April 8, 2011) - As many as 23 Canadians could become instant millionaires this Friday night thanks to a LOTTO MAX jackpot draw offering an estimated $73 Million in total top prize money.
With no winning ticket sold for last Friday's jackpot draw the game's $50 Million dollar top prize has been carried over to tonight's draw, which will also offer an estimated 23 MAXMILLIONS – additional prizes of $1 Million each.
A $5 LOTTO MAX ticket offers players three chances to win either the $50 Million jackpot or one of the individual MAXMILLIONS. Winning a MAXMILLIONS prize is similar to winning the main jackpot – a player must match all seven winning numbers drawn for that prize.
If no ticket wins the $50 million jackpot, it will again carry forward to the next draw, along with any MAXMILLIONS that are not won. However, if the $50 million jackpot is won, any MAXMILLIONS that are not won will be added on to the next jackpot, which resets to $10 million.
- Draws held each Friday night
- Each $5 ticket features 3 chances to win (7 numbers each)
- To win a jackpot players must match 7/7 numbers (from 1-49)
- Odds of winning a LOTTO MAX jackpot or MAXMILLION prize are one in 28.6 million per play
- Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per play
- When the main jackpot reaches $50 Million, additional ticket sales are used to fund individual prizes of $1 Million called MAXMILLIONS
- Each MAXMILLION prize is drawn separately, following the main draw
- Players must match 7 of 7 numbers to win the corresponding MAXMILLION
LOTTO MAX can be played at all BCLC retail locations and online at PlayNow.com. Winning numbers can be found online at bclc.com following each draw. Please allow extra time for MAXMILLIONS draws.