FORT LAUDERDALE, FL--(Marketwire - Sep 18, 2012) - Baseball fans will have the opportunity of a lifetime to cruise with baseball legends representing leading teams including the Yankees and Mets as well as other "Baseball Greats" on select MSC Poesia's 2012-2013 Caribbean sailings.
Expected to participate are:
- Stan Bahnsen, 1968 AL Rookie of the Year for the Yankees, winning 17 games;
- Jesse Barfield, All-Star outfielder who spent three years with the Bronx Bombers; and
- Ellis Valentine, All-Star and Gold Glove outfielder who played for the Mets.
Special "Summer Sale" rates begin at $799 for the 10-night "Baseball Greats" cruise and $469 for 7-night cruises. Fares are per person, double occupancy; government fees and taxes are additional. Bookings must be made by Sept. 30 to receive "Summer Sale" rates.
MSC Cruises' baseball-themed cruises offer free guest/player activities including a player-hosted trivia game, question-and-answer session, guest pitching contest, and lively story-telling session.
Baseball players host hitting, fielding, base running, and defense strategy clinics. One of the most popular aspects is a free autograph session.
These Caribbean cruises sail roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale and feature the following itineraries (the lineup of participating players is subject to change):
- 10-night "Southern Caribbean Dream": San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. John's, Antigua; Fort-de-France, Martinique; Roseau, Dominica; Philipsburg, St. Maarten and Freeport, Bahamas. Barfield, Glenn Beckert, Bill Russell, Dave Campbell and Bahnsen. Dec. 11
- 7-night Eastern Caribbean itineraries:
Feb. 9: Philipsburg; San Juan; and Nassau, Bahamas; Ken Griffey Sr., Jim Fregosi, Bahnsen, Ed Herrmann, Larry Parrish
Feb. 23: Philipsburg; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; and Nassau; Tommy Davis, Cookie Rojas, Bahnsen, Clarence Jones, Juan Marichal
March 9: Philipsburg; Charlotte Amalie; and Nassau; Gorman Thomas, Gary Peters, Bahnsen, Wallace Johnson, Rico Petrocelli
- 7-night "Colors of the Caribbean": St. John's, Antigua; San Juan; and Nassau. Randy Hundley, Bahnsen, Jack Billingham, Valentine. April 6
MSC Poesia features 1,275 staterooms (80% oceanview). Guests enjoy 2 pools and 4 hot tubs, a 13,000-square-foot Balinese-inspired exotic MSC Aurea Spa, and four restaurants, including a Sushi Bar themed restaurant.
Guests are treated to white-gloved service, elegant and pristine décor, delicious cuisine and world-class entertainment.
For more about MSC Cruises' "Baseball Greats" cruises, visit www.msccruisesusa.com, call 877-665-4655, or contact a local travel professional.