SOURCE: Basho Technologies
CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwire - Aug 22, 2012) - Distributed systems technologies are becoming increasingly necessary to handle the demanding requirements for today's Web, mobile and social applications and to build effective public, private, and hybrid clouds. Basho is exclusively focused on innovations that efficiently enable and support distributed architectures. Basho created RICON to bring together developers, industry experts and academics to explore and advance the use of distributed architectures in production.
Basho is proud to announce the following confirmed speaker lineup for RICON 2012, to be held October 10-11 in San Francisco, CA.
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Eric Brewer, VP, Infrastructure at Google and Professor of Computer Science at UC Berkeley
- Gary Flake, CEO at Clipboard.com
- Joseph Hellerstein, Professor at UC Berkeley
Additional featured speakers include (This list will be expanded upon in the coming weeks):
- Michael Bevilacqua-Linn, Principal Engineer at Comcast
- Michael Brodhead, Programmer at Engine Yard
- Dana Contreras, Engineer at Twitter
- Joel Crabb, Chief Architect at BestBuy.com
- Selena Deckelmann, Major Contributor at PostgreSQL
- Tim Douglas, Engineer at Bump Technologies
- Dietrich Featherston, Engineer at Boundary
- Kevin Kluge, Vice President of Products at Citrix
- Anthony Molinaro, Engineer at OpenX
- Will Moss, Engineer at Bump Technologies
- Matt Ranney, Founder and CTO at Voxer
- George Reese, CTO at enStratus
- Theo Schlossnagle, CEO at OmniTI
- Ines Sombra, Engineer at Engine Yard
- Mandi Walls, Evangelist at Opscode
RICON will be held over two days and will feature more than 20 talks spread out over two tracks.
Key sessions include:
- Using Chef to Manage Distributed Systems - Using features to dynamically configure relationships among components in complex system topologies
- Building a Transaction Logs-based Protocol on Riak- Bump's real life experience deploying Riak, focusing on issues with dependant operations
- Big Data in the Small - Lessons learned from Comcast's foray into distributed systems development
- Migrating from MySQL to Riak - Moving from a transactional to consistent persistent model using enterprise replication, secondary indexes and automated object/Riak persistence mapping
- Rebuilding a Bird in Flight - New ideas for current architecture and the know-how to scale from hundreds to millions while keeping uptime high and latency low
- Building a Social Application on Riak - Overcoming read and write bottlenecks to improve performance and scalability
- Data Structures in Riak - Approaching the problem of conflict resolution for complex data structures and formal strategies in recent literature
- Modern Radiology for Distributed Systems - A radiological view of network-derived imagery and what it can tell companies about current systems as a whole
- Keep CALM and Query On - Using the CALM Theorem to link Consistency and Logical Monotonicity, and how it can inform distributed software development
For more details on the speakers, sessions and registration, please visit the conference website at: www.ricon2012.com
RICON 2012 is sponsored by GitHub, Boundary, Yammer, OmniTI and Trifork. Interested in sponsoring? Send an email to Mark Phillips.
About Basho Technologies
Basho Technologies is the leader in highly-available, distributed database technologies used to power scalable, data-intensive Web, mobile, and e-commerce applications and large cloud computing platforms. Basho customers, including fast-growing Web businesses and large Fortune 500 enterprises, use Riak to implement content delivery platforms and global session stores, to aggregate large amounts of data for logging, search, and analytics, to manage, store and stream unstructured data, and to build scalable cloud computing platforms.