LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Aug. 24, 2012) - Leading new homes developer Barratt Homes has extended its opening hours due to high demand from househunters throughout the country.
The company has traced a pickup in activity to record online property searches on the Barratt website since the start of the year. Rightmove, the leading property portal, has also confirmed this trend and said that there was a 27% increase in online property searches at the start of the year.
To deal with the high demand for houses for sale, Barratt Homes has extended their opening hours at most of their developments.
Sue Blackman, Sales Director at Barratt Homes comments, "We've noticed more online activity since the start of the year and we believe this to be people who can't make the usual working hours, so we've given our customers more time to browse at times that is more suited to them."
In addition to this, most of Barratt Homes' developments will now be opening seven days a week.
Sue continues, "The modern day lifestyle means that more and more people will often work irregular shifts and longer hours on certain days. We've listened to our visitors and responded to their feedback by giving them more chance to view what we have to offer."
"We understand that buying a home is one of the biggest investments a person can make in during their lifetime, which is why face to face contact is so important when making the purchase."
Barratt Homes' is so confident in the quality of its homes that it is also offering a five year guarantee on fixtures and fitting - which is three years longer than other housebuilders. This is in addition to the NHBC 10 year guarantee which covers the structure and build of your home.
The new opening hours will be 11am-6pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. On Thursdays sites will open for an additional hour until 7pm, whilst on Saturday they will be open 10am-5pm and Sunday, open 12pm-6pm.
These new opening times will apply at the following developments in Peterborough.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Barratt Group sold 11,171 homes in the last financial year, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
- Barratt Group was named Housebuilder of the Year at the Housebuilder Awards 2011.
- Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the second consecutive year in the 2011 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- In 2011 site managers working for Barratt Group won the highest number of NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards for a record seventh consecutive year.
- Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to offer a warranty on the fixtures and fittings in place at the time of purchase of its new homes for five years.
- Images of a selection of developments are available to the media at http://www.barrattdevelopments.co.uk/barratt/en/media/mediakit/lib