BASKING RIDGE, NJ--(Marketwire - Sep 13, 2012) -
- Avaya leads with more than one third of the total market share for inbound contact center systems -- more than the three closest competitors combined
- Brand name, breadth of portfolio, delivery on integrated roadmap and increased channel enablement move Avaya to winners circle for the second, consecutive year
Avaya today announced that it has received the Frost & Sullivan 2012 North American Market Share Leadership Award in Inbound Contact Center Routing Systems. The award is based on Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices research and given to the company that has demonstrated excellence in capturing the highest market share within its industry, and recognizes leadership in terms of revenues or units, as specified.
The Frost & Sullivan report cites Avaya's leadership as a position held for many years, and for the past two years has accounted for more than one third of the total market. Today, Avaya accounts for more than all the shares of its three largest competitors combined. Among several key performance factors that Frost & Sullivan attributes to Avaya's leadership are:
- Delivery on Product Roadmap - Frost & Sullivan recognized 2011 as a pivotal year in which Avaya delivered on its roadmap strategy and vision on multiple fronts, with releases in all key product areas. According to the report:
"For example, one strategic initiative has been to ensure integration between disparate ICR and adjunct application platforms. Avaya delivered on this by enhancing systems such that its legacy and newer inbound contact center routing platforms can co-exist. Indeed, the company announced a unified desktop for Avaya Aura® Call Center Elite voice and Avaya Aura® Contact Center multimedia products, so that agents can use a single interface to manage multichannel contacts (web chat, email, etc.). They also added unified reporting with Avaya IQ for Call Center Elite voice and Avaya Aura Contact Center multimedia so that organizations that use both have a single reporting architecture. Avaya IQ also reports on time spent in self-service as well as outbound calls made through Avaya Proactive contact, delivering a comprehensive reporting and analytical platform that spans Avaya's contact center suite."
- Channel Delivery - Heightened focus training, certification, skill development and helped even more to elevate the skill level of both partners and direct sales force as well as increased the number of authorized partners globally.
- Large Installed Base and Playing to a Larger Base - Avaya has a large and loyal installed base with many customers in the 250+ agent range. The company has also successfully expanded into both smaller and larger contact centers offers, ranging between 50 to 500 and more. The growing adoption of Avaya Aura Contact Center Suite for Mid-sized Enterprise (AACC-M) is an example of the company successfully adapting to the needs of the customer with a simplified offer for mid-size contact centers that is bundled with advancing levels of applications.
"Avaya Customer Experience Interaction Management solutions help enterprises redefine their customers' experience with innovations that enable companies to be where their customers are, offer diverse avenues that lead back to their business and streamline the process for both the agent and customer to achieve fast, first-call resolution in a cost-effective way."
Christine Viera, vice president, Product Management - Contact Center Solutions, Avaya
Frost & Sullivan Market Share Leadership Award Inbound Contact Routing Systems North America, 2012
Tags: Avaya, Avaya Aura, contact center, Call Center Elite, customer service, inbound routing systems, customer experience, customer interaction management, Avaya Aura Contact Center
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov/. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Follow Avaya on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, and the Avaya Connected Blog.