REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 17, 2012) - ASSIA, Inc., the leading provider of high-performance software tools for dynamic spectrum management (DSM) of digital subscriber line (DSL) networks, today announced an agreement with China Telecom Jiangsu, its first customer in China, to deploy ASSIA DSL Expresse to manage several million DSLs across its regions. ASSIA already has an office in Beijing, and with more than 63 million lines under contract worldwide for top-tier service providers, ASSIA is well positioned to serve the large and rapidly growing Chinese broadband market. China Telecom Jiangsu is one of the leading provincial telephone companies in the China Telecom network.
Once the DSL Expresse deployment is complete, China Telecom Jiangsu plans to use the award-winning ASSIA software to improve consumer broadband service in numerous ways, including:
- Provide detailed visibility into its DSL network to determine actions required to improve its broadband infrastructure
- Provide line-by-line diagnostics to ensure issues are resolved quickly and effectively for improved customer satisfaction
- Offer reliable data-rate upgrades to customers on existing DSLs
- Use ASSIA's award-winning DSL Expresse Service Recommender module to prioritize areas for fiber deployment
- Integrate with its existing network management software to further streamline and improve customer support
- Implement a unified management platform with a consolidated, centralized view to manage all lines in all regions from provincial headquarters
"ASSIA is proud to welcome China Telecom Jiangsu to its global customer community," said Dr. John Cioffi, CEO and chairman of ASSIA. "The broadband market in China is the largest in the world and growing quickly. ASSIA is pleased to serve this central role in helping China Telecom Jiangsu improve their DSL networks' performance and broadband service delivery to their customers."
"The demand for high-speed broadband is exploding in Asia, and this demand is fueling the need for cutting-edge technologies such as ASSIA's to help service providers optimize their broadband services," said Jeff Heynen, directing analyst, broadband access and video, Infonetics. "The initial purchase of ASSIA in China exemplifies the emerging trend of increasing broadband performance and service offerings throughout Asia."
About ASSIA, Inc.
ASSIA, Inc. develops high-performance software tools that dramatically improve the speed and reach of DSL networks. Using Dynamic Spectrum Management (DSM), these platform-agnostic tools enable DSL service providers to manage lines in real time and to lower capital and operating expenses, increase revenue, and deliver new multimedia content to the broadband-enabled home. ASSIA has more than 60 million lines under contract with top-tier service providers worldwide and is backed by strategic investors, including AT&T, Mingly China Growth Fund, SFR Development, Sandalwood Partners, Sofinnova Partners, Stanford University, Swisscom Ventures, T-Ventures, and Telefonica. For more information, visit www.assia-inc.com.
ASSIA DSL Expresse is a registered trademark of ASSIA, Inc.