SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS--(Marketwire - July 24, 2012) - AssetWorks, a leader in Intelligent Workplace Management(SM), today announced that Vanderbilt University, the University of Alberta and Eastern Carolina University have each selected AiM™ Space & Facilities Planning to improve workplace efficiency, boost productivity and service levels, reduce organizational churn, improve maintenance practices and efficiently service assets and equipment.
AiM Space & Facilities Planning enables facilities managers and space planners to collaborate and make informed decisions regarding future growth and change within their organization, including complex decisions concerning organizational occupancy and indirect cost recovery. Key features of AiM Space & Facilities Planning include:
- CAD Integration - Real-time integration with AutoCAD® files leveraging the AutoCAD 2000-series engine
- CAD Viewer & Query Tool - Provides access to space information and CAD drawings, even if users do not have AutoCAD installed locally
- Space Planning - Enables users to create complex "what if" planning scenarios, analyze space utilization options, plan multiple move scenarios-all fully integrated with AiM's work management capabilities
- Space Survey - Organizations relying on grant funding can leverage AiM to record usage information, calculate percentage splits of general and grant/contract-related use, and subdivide and track percentage splits and dates of occupancy to accommodate multiple funding sources
- Space Inventory Management - Enables users to build a comprehensive property database, capture critical building information, maintain building documentation, and define physical work sites. Both BOMA and IFMA standards are supported.
"Space and facilities planning is a key pillar of Integrated Workplace Management, and these wins underscore its importance to institutions with significant investments in buildings and equipment," said Ken Slaughter, Senior Vice President, AssetWorks. "They also serve to validate the competitive strength of our space management solution relative to others in the market. We're delighted to welcome these institutions to a growing list of AiM Space & Facilities Planning customers."
AssetWorks delivers industry-leading business solutions that help asset- and infrastructure-intensive organizations control capital and operating expenditures, reduce operational complexity, and manage regulatory and policy-driven risk. Leveraging a comprehensive portfolio of software and consulting solutions, we help organizations work more efficiently by improving access to shared asset data, promoting greater transparency across the organization, improving service delivery, maximizing asset availability and uptime and reducing total cost of ownership. Using the latest cloud and mobile computing technologies, our asset management solutions and domain expertise help organizations eliminate waste, redundancy, and inefficiency. For more information, visit: www.assetworks.com.
AssetWorks, the AssetWorks logo and AiM are trademarks of AssetWorks Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.