MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 16, 2012) - Appcelerator®, the leading mobile platform company, today announced the release of multiple mobile applications for last-minute summer travelers. Developed on Appcelerator's Titanium platform, these apps can ease the stress of travel for those people taking end-of-summer vacations. From translating local dialects to booking discounted hotel rooms, these apps can help folks traveling locally and abroad to have an enjoyable experience.
"These days, very few people leave for vacation without some sort of mobile device. Whether it be a mobile phone or a tablet, these devices can be a traveler's best friend when it comes to easing the stresses of summer travel," said CEO Jeff Haynie, Appcelerator. "Mobile is now so pervasive that it is an essential part of seemingly unrelated experiences, including the American road trip, the Hawaiian cruise and the family reunion at Disneyland."
Using Appcelerator's Titanium platform, the developers of the following travel-themed apps were able to get their apps to market in 70% less time than other methods. Because the window for summer travel is so short, it was especially important that these apps were developed before the end of the peak travel season. And because Titanium allows for rapid development across operating systems, the apps are available to users regardless of the type of device they are traveling with.
The following apps developed on Appcelerator's Titanium platform can make for a more enjoyable travel experience this summer.
- Zipcar allows members to use their mobile phones to quickly and easily find and reserve Zipcars at any of its locations, sorting results by time available, car type and model. Users can view upcoming reservations, make new reservations, cancel unwanted reservations and extend existing reservations right from the app. When near the car, users can honk the horn or lock and unlock the car. The app also provides users with directions to their Zipcar. Non-members can use the app to view Zipcar locations near them. The app is available for free for iPhone and Android users.
- TripLingo helps travelers learn relevant phrases from various languages, including Spanish, German, Hindi, French, Chinese, and Japanese. TripLingo includes formal, casual and slang versions of key phrases to help users acclimate to a new culture. Each version of TripLingo is available in either the App Store or Google Play for $9.99.
- TVFoodMaps provides menus and videos for over 2,600 restaurants from twenty-five Food Network and Travel Channel shows, including Top Chef, No Reservations, Man v. Food, and more. Built by APSquared LLC, TVFoodMaps allows people on roadtrips to track restaurants to try and mark previously visited restaurants. The premium version of the app, which allows users to browse restaurants by show title and get location based push notifications when passing by a featured restaurant, is available for $1.99 for the both the iPhone and Android.
- Go Explore! allows users to find entertainment, food and nightlife around their current location. Go Explore! is a Foursquare-powered concierge, allowing travelers to browse nearby destinations by category. Developed by Lightning Hammer LLC, Go Explore! allows users to filter results by sites that are nearby, most popular and "featured." The app also offers directions to venues and photos taken by recent visitors. The app is available for free in the App Store.
- ReallyLateBooking lets users find and book discounted same-day hotel rooms in only four clicks. The app, built by Roberto Gil, allows users to book a hotel for the same night until as late as 3 AM. Through special arrangements with hotels, ReallyLateBooking can offer discounted room rates. The app displays rooms from at least three hotels per city across three price categories. The app is available for free for the iPhone and Android.
Appcelerator's Titanium is the leading mobile platform of choice for thousands of companies seizing the mobile opportunity. With more than 40,000 applications deployed on 50 million devices Appcelerator's award-winning Titanium Platform leverages over 5,000 mobile device and operating system APIs to create native iOS and Android apps, and HTML5 mobile web apps. Customers who standardize on the Titanium Platform get to market 70% faster and can quickly optimize business results with analytics-driven insights into user behavior and app performance. Open and fully extensible, Titanium makes it easy to integrate data, content and services from a variety of sources into mobile applications to leverage best-of-breed capabilities. Appcelerator Cloud Services (ACS) provides instant social, location, communication and content features for user-centric mobility. Appcelerator's worldwide ecosystem includes 300,000 mobile developers and hundreds of ISVs and integration partners. Please visit http://www.appcelerator.com.
Appcelerator is a registered trademark of Appcelerator Inc. Appcelerator Titanium is a trademark of Appcelerator Inc. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.