CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Oct. 25, 2012) -
Welcome to Halloween, Food Bank style! With a list like this, there's no excuse to not have a pumpkin out front; and NO ONE can say they had nothing to do on Halloween night. Our first four pumpkin give-aways were a resounding success, even with the snowfall! We collected more than 5,300 lbs of food donations and gave away a couple thousand pumpkins!
The following events are being hosted by our friends in the Calgary community, with the proceeds coming straight to the Calgary Food Bank. Help us get the word out…
October 27 (Saturday)
- Thrill Calgary. 11AM - 1:30PM, at Centre Court, Eau Claire Market, Downtown. A giant zombie 'Thriller" flash mob, syncing up with hundreds of other cities worldwide to set a simultaneous dance world record. They expect 200-400 people doing the dance, with a few hundred spectators and every major media outlet in the city present. Food and cash donations are being collected onsite for the Calgary Food Bank. https://www.facebook.com/thrillcalgary
- North Hill Centre Pumpkin Giveaway. 12pm - 2pm. As part of the Fare Fight for Food Campaign, you can make a food or cash donation to the Food Bank and receive a fabulous jack-o-lantern-in-waiting in return! http://ow.ly/eMgVj
- Haunted Calgary. 6-10pm. The Campbell family has been traumatizing Trick-or-Treaters in Calgary with their haunted houses since 1987. Since 2006, they've been raising funds for Oops-a-Dazy Rescue and Sanctuary Society and collecting food for the Calgary Food Bank. http://hauntedcalgary.com
October 28 (Sunday)
- Haunted Calgary. 3-5pm (for the 'no scare' tour) & 6-10pm. See above for event description. http://hauntedcalgary.com
- Visual Hues Halloween Photo Food Drive. 10am-3pm. For the low, low price of a food or cash donation to the Food Bank, you can have your picture taken (in full Halloween costume splendor!) by a Visual Hues professional photographer in their spooky Halloween wonderland in Marda Loop. http://ow.ly/eIlzc
October 31 (Wednesday)
- Eerie Lake Haunted House. Welcoming victims from 5pm - 9:30pm at 106 Lake Erie Place SE. For the first time since the family started scaring the neighbours, Eerie Lake Haunted House is collecting food and cash donations for the Food Bank. This is a "big scare" event, not recommended for young or fearful kids. But everyone gets candy - whether you make it through or not! https://www.facebook.com/LakeEeeeeerieHaunt
- Haunted Calgary. 6-10pm. The Campbell family has been traumatizing Trick-or-Treaters in Calgary with their haunted houses since 1987. Since 2006, they've been raising funds for Oops-a-Dazy Rescue and Sanctuary Society and collecting food for the Calgary Food Bank. For those not feeling so brave, drop by from 3:00 to 5:00pm on October 28 for their 'no scare' tour. http://hauntedcalgary.com
- Trick or Eat. Between 5:30pm - 8:30pm on Halloween night, residents of Varsity, Dalhousie, Brentwood, Crescent Heights, and Cambrian Heights can expect to answer their door to the howls of U of C students, begging for food donations for the Food Bank rather than sweets for their own stash! http://trickoreat.ca/
- We Scare Hunger. On Halloween night, the wretched creatures of Samuel W. Shaw School will descend upon the unsuspecting souls of Shawnessy. Drop cans or boxes of food for the Food Bank in their sacks and they will leave you with your soul (and brains) intact! http://www.freethechildren.com/get-involved/campaigns/we-scare-hunger
- Evans Dental's 5th Annual Candy Buy Back. 4:30 - 7:30 pm. If you think your son or daughter has waaaaay too much Halloween candy come November 1, here's an option that will reduce the size of their loot bag and increase the number of fresh apples in the Food Bank's coffins, 'er coffers. Plus, if you turn in your candy you get cash and the chance to win an iPod Nano! http://www.evansdentalhealth.com/candy-buy-back.html
For more information about each of these events, click on the haunted graveyard slide on the Food Bank's homepage or contact the person below.
This release is transmitted courtesy of Marketwire.