BEVERLY, MA--(Marketwire - Sep 19, 2012) - Altova® (http://www.altova.com), creator of XMLSpy®, the industry leading XML editor, today announced the availability of Version 2013 of Altova MissionKit®. This integrated suite of XML, SQL, and UML tools that consist of XMLSpy, MapForce®, StyleVision®, UModel®, DatabaseSpy®, DiffDog®, and SchemaAgent®, includes powerful new support for SQL stored procedures in data mapping projects, seamless integration of MissionKit functionality in Java applications, updated standards support, and more -- as well as revolutionary new Smart Fix validation that can only be described as magical.
"Among the many updates and new features we incorporated into the Version 2013 release, one of the most significant is Smart Fix. Smart Fix is unique to XMLSpy 2013 and is a huge leap forward in intelligent XML editing. It provides options for fixing validation errors that developers can apply automatically, with a single click. It's true XML alchemy," said Alexander Falk, President and CEO for Altova. "With increased demands on developers today we are always looking for ways to incorporate efficiencies into our products. You simply won't find this functionality in other tools."
A few of the new features available in Altova MissionKit v2013 include:
- Smart Fix: In XMLSpy 2013 this feature provides options for fixing validation errors that developers can apply automatically, with a single click. In addition to reporting comprehensive information about validation errors, XMLSpy enumerates the possible corrections for fixing them, and will make the required changes automatically, based on the user's selection. This reduces the time spent troubleshooting and testing considerably.
Other new features also available in XMLSpy 2013 include: support for embedded XML Schemas in WSDL files, enhanced WSDL document options, support for CamelCase words in the spell checker, and many more.
- Support for SQL stored procedures for data mapping: MapForce has long provided powerful functionality for mapping, processing, and transforming SQL database data, and now it also includes robust support for SQL stored procedures. Support for these very important tools for designing, querying, and maintaining database architectures has been a frequent user request. Developers can utilize stored procedures in a data mapping project as input components, output components, and data processing function calls, making MapForce 2013 the ultimate tool for solving complex database-related data conversion and transformation challenges.
- Watermark support: Designers and developers now have the ability in StyleVision 2013 to incorporate image and/or free text watermark content (such as diagonally page-spanning "confidential" or "draft" in the background) in PDF, RTF, and Word output. This adds even more power and flexibility to multi-channel publishing of XML, SQL database, and XBRL content.
Other new features in StyleVision 2013 include: table row and column conditions, the addition of an XPath Evaluator to the XPath Builder, additional toolbars for easier design, and more.
- Seamless integration options in Java applications: It is now possible for developers to integrate XMLSpy, MapForce, StyleVision, and Authentic functionality seamlessly in custom Java applications for Windows. This frequently-requested capability adds to support for integrating MissionKit tools in Visual Basic or C# applications, giving developers even more flexibility when adding powerful MissionKit views and functionality to their custom apps. Example applications are also provided to give developers a head start implementing this functionality.
- Flexible integration of external programs: Users may now add up to 10 external programs that can be directly accessed inside XMLSpy and Authentic, allowing for seamless workflow in these development environments. It's easy to customize the Tools menu with options to open an active document or active project in an external application directly inside XMLSpy and Authentic.
- Updated standards support: In the UModel 2013 release there is support for UML 2.4 (the latest version of the UML standard) and SysML 1.2. In addition, all XBRL-enabled MissionKit tools have also been updated with support for the most recent US-GAAP taxonomy, version 2012.
These are just a few of the numerous new features in Altova MissionKit 2013. A complete list of all the new features is available at: http://www.altova.com/whatsnew.html
To download a 30-day free trial of any Altova product, visit: http://www.altova.com/download-trial/
Availability and Pricing
Version 2013 of the Altova product line is available for purchase in the Altova Online Shop: https://shop.altova.com with prices starting at $59 (USD) per product. For optimum savings and functionality, customers can choose Altova MissionKit, the software development suite of enterprise-class XML, SQL, and UML tools for information architects and application developers. Altova recommends the purchase of its Support and Maintenance Package (SMP) with all software purchases. Learn more at: http://www.altova.com/support_package.html
Altova® is the creator of XMLSpy® and other leading XML, database, and UML tools. A key player in the software tools industry and the leader in XML development tools, Altova is the choice of over 4.3 million clients worldwide, including 91 percent of the Fortune 500. An innovative, customer-focused company, Altova offers a product line that fulfills a broad spectrum of business needs for development teams in the world's largest organizations to growing one-person shops. An active member of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Object Management Group (OMG), Altova is committed to delivering standards-based, platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable, and easy-to-use. Founded in 1992, Altova is headquartered in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria. Visit Altova on the Web at: http://www.altova.com.
Altova, MissionKit, XMLSpy, MapForce, FlowForce, StyleVision, UModel, DatabaseSpy, DiffDog, SchemaAgent, Authentic, MetaTeam, and AltovaXML are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and/or other countries. The names of and reference to other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.