MORGAN HILL, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 25, 2012) - Alien Technology (www.alientechnology.com), an industry leader in Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Ultra High Frequency (UHF) products and services, today introduced a novel RFID tag that incorporates all of the advanced Alien Higgs-4 IC features in a tag so thin it could be placed on the side of today's sleek smart phones and tablets and still have millimeters to spare on each side.
This form-factor is expected to open up new RFID applications where tag thickness previously posed a roadblock. The Alien SlimLine tag is nominally 5.8 millimeters (mm) thin, but if the inlay alignment targets are not needed, they may be ignored -- reducing the tag to only 3.05 mm.
"The SlimLine tag is expected to open up new RFID applications including tagging book spines, door edges, tobacco, small package labels, shipping labels and other narrow form-factor assets," said Mike Frieswyk, Alien Technology, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "With Higgs-4, the SlimLine tag will also have industry-leading read and write sensitivity and all the mass-market capabilities demanded by today's international organizations."
In addition to form-factor, the SlimLine tag provides all the performance, features and mass-market capabilities provided through the use of Alien's leading-edge Higgs-4 UHF Passive RFID IC. These include:
- 96 bits or 128 bits of electronic product code (EPC);
- 64 bits of unique pre-serialized UTID;
- 128 bits of user memory;
- Increased read sensitivity over previous products;
- Significantly increased write sensitivity;
- Optional pre-encoded, Multi-Vendor Chip-based Serialization (MCS) that provides a unique serial number across multiple RFID IC providers. Alien's MCS solution is alone in providing this pre-encoded into the EPC;
- BlastWrite™, a mass-encoding capability that, with a single command, writes the non-serialized portion of the EPC to a large group of selected tags;
- QuickWrite™, the capability to block-write multiple words (up to a single bank) starting at any word aligned location;
- New commands to return the status of locked memory; and
- Dynamic Authentication™, a non-copyable, anti-cloning/anti-counterfeit technology.
The SlimLine is available immediately, including "dry," "wet," clear, white and in a variety of custom label sizes. For more information, visit http://www.alientechnology.com/tags/index.php.
About Alien Technology
Founded in 1994, Alien Technology is a leading technology and product provider of UHF Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Integrated Circuits (IC), tags, readers and professional services. Alien Gen 2 products, along with software solutions from partners, help solve business problems for customers to improve productivity, processes, security and asset tracking for closed-loop and supply chain systems. These solutions are implemented in industries such as consumer packaged goods, retail apparel, manufacturing, transportation, airports and cargo logistics, government and defense, and more. Alien's facilities include corporation headquarters in Morgan Hill, CA; the Alien RFID Solutions Center in the Dayton, OH region; and a sales office in Shanghai, China. Alien is a member of EPCglobal.
Alien, Alien Technology, the Alien logo, Higgs, BlastWrite, QuickWrite and Dynamic Authentication are trademarks or registered trademarks of Alien Technology Corporation in the United States and other countries.