SAN BRUNO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 4, 2012) - Aconex, provider of the world's most widely used project collaboration solutions for the construction, infrastructure, power, mining, and oil and gas industries, today announced the launch of Aconex Field. The new mobile and web-based construction field management solution transforms the manual, paper-based process of inspection and issues management. With Aconex Field, project teams can capture, analyze, report, communicate, and track defects and other issues for faster, more accurate identification and resolution.
"Aconex Field is a ground-breaking solution that squarely addresses the pain point of building inspection, correction, re-inspection, and closure," said Leigh Jasper, CEO of Aconex. "The product enables contractors and project managers to focus their time on high-value direction and oversight rather than tedious administrative tasks. This is essential to the delivery of quality -- on time and on budget -- across construction projects of all sizes."
Intuitive, Easy-to-Use iPad App
Aconex Field is used on site through a downloadable iPad or iPhone app and off site through a laptop or any other device with access to a web browser. The product joins the Aconex platform apps -- Aconex Mobile for iPhone and Aconex Mobile for iPad -- in the continued expansion of the company's mobile cloud collaboration portfolio. Aconex Field won the 2012 Australian Mobile Award for Field Services.
Aconex Field is available as a standalone product or with the Aconex platform, the construction and engineering industry leader in mobile cloud collaboration for project management. Aconex solutions give owners, contractors and project managers high visibility and control over the dynamic matrix of information, processes and resources involved in their projects. The result is simplified project management, accelerated schedules and reduced cost and risk.
Users of Aconex Field have a full range of process enhancements at their fingertips:
- Rapid inspection of project locations and capture of issues with photos, mark-ups and comments on required corrections, as well as assignments and due dates
- Re-inspection with communication of issues that are still outstanding toward completion and closure
- Secure management of all issues and associated information, with storage in a permanent record in a central location
- Easy distribution of information to all project team members
- Analysis and reporting to measure performance on all areas of the project
- Offline data entry when network access is unavailable and automatic synchronization of all files when the connection is restored
- Quick response (QR) code scanning to identify locations for inspection or re-inspection -- rapidly and accurately
- Mobile or web access by multiple subcontractors and other project participants to view assignments and update issue status
Aconex provides the world's most widely used Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform for managing information, processes and people throughout the life cycle of construction and engineering projects across multiple industries. The Aconex suite of solutions -- secure, neutral and centralized -- enables owners, contractors and project managers to reduce the cost and risk inherent in capital projects of all sizes and improve efficiency, productivity and accountability for all project participants. Aconex has served projects valued at more than US$600 billion, with over 280,000 users. Customers include nine of the world's top ten engineering procurement and construction (EPC) firms, 23 of the 25 largest global design firms, and nearly all Fortune 500 construction and engineering firms. For more information and examples of Aconex in action, see www.aconex.com. Follow Aconex on Twitter at @aconex and on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/aconex.