OAK BROOK, IL--(Marketwire - Aug 29, 2012) - Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the industry, announced today the launch of its first-ever panel of Design Experts. The panel, comprised of three interior designers from different regions across the United States, will provide color and design inspiration for Ace shoppers.
Committed to providing unmatched service, Ace brings these designers together to inspire consumers in their paint selection journey. "At Ace, we know paint is personal, it's not just about mixing a gallon of paint. It's about guiding and validating the customer so that the color they choose is one they will love and feel comfortable with in their home -- and that all starts with inspiration," said Mary Rice, President and General Manager, Ace Paint.
For the first time since the launch of its private label paint more than 60 years ago, Ace is now able to offer its customers everything they need to complete their paint projects from start to finish. The winning formula combines innovative trends and inspiring tips from Ace's Design Experts with top of the line products like Ace's new Clark+Kensington® paint+primer in one, plus the award-winning service and functional knowledge customers know and expect from Ace.
Ace's Design Experts bring more than 30 years of combined experience to the panel, specializing in color and the transformative power it has in design.
- Katie Reynolds (Dallas, Texas) - Reynolds is the owner and principal designer for Lilli Design LLC, an interior design firm, which specializes in residential design and unique nursery and children's rooms. Reynolds' strongest area of expertise is color and using it to create unique spaces around the home.
- Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.) - Richard is the owner and principal designer for Shelter Interior Design, a full service design firm specializing in residential and small hospitality interiors. She works closely with her clients to create fresh environments and often recommends adding color to a room for a quick, affordable update.
- Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Cali.) - Fischer is the owner and principal designer for Stiles Fischer Interior Design, a full service interior design, decorating and architectural firm. He views color as the key element within each room and believes that adding a pop of color to a wall, ceiling or banister can make the most dramatic and cost effective change within the home.
Ace's design experts are on the forefront of trends in color and design and just in time for fall, recommend these colors from Ace's Clark+Kensington color palette:
- Cobalt, navy and royal blue are all key colors of the season, such as Clark+Kensington Saphire 1018.
- The PANTONE® trending Color of the Year, Tangerine Tango, will continue to be hot through the fall as well as earthy greys -- such as Clark+Kensington Omnious Cloud 5044.
- Browns with grey undertones, such as Clark+Kensington Hot Cocoa 3056, will also be seen throughout homes everywhere.
After a new color is selected, Ace's Design Experts recommend the following seasonal color trend tips to ensure that every homeowner can achieve a designer look on their own:
- When selecting bright, bold colors, use them in a small scale or as an accent color on furniture pieces.
- Mix bright colors with neutrals for a hand-picked, collected look this fall.
- Paint isn't just for the walls -- update an older piece of dark wood furniture with a high-gloss paint and bring in patterns/graphics for a new twist on an existing piece.
For more information on Ace's Design Experts, as well as Clark+Kensington, visit www.acehardware.com.
Don't miss Ace's live Facebook chat with Design Expert Katie Reynolds, Thursday, August 30 from 2 to 3 p.m. CDT.
About Ace Hardware
For more than 85 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the helpful hardware store in thousands of communities across America. Customers depend on Ace to help them take care of their homes quickly and easily so they can get on with their lives. In 2012, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Home Improvement Stores for the Sixth Consecutive Year," according to J.D. Power and Associates. With over 4,600 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest hardware cooperative in the industry. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 14 distribution centers in the U.S and also have distribution capabilities in Shanghai, China; Panama City, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
Erik Gast, Vice President, Finance
Kate Kirkpatrick, Public Relations Manager