LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Aug. 24, 2012) - Leading housebuilder David Wilson Homes has been integral in a project commissioning local school children in Market Harborough to create a promotional DVD detailing their favourite things to do in the area.
The short video was created by children at Farndon Fields Primary School following a visit to the Farndon Fields development.
The reasoning behind the DVD is to enable children to see what their potential playmates in the area are up to, while their parents are discussing new houses and a potential move to the area.
The project which is written, edited and presented by the group of 11 pupils was sponsored by David Wilson Homes along with parent company Barratt Developments.
Sales Director at David Wilson East Midlands, Philip Lacey comments: "A lot of our developments are located near schools and the majority of our developments are family orientated. It's great that these sorts of projects can also help to expand the school children's curriculum."
Steve Snelson, Head Teacher at Farndon Fields Primary School adds "The pupils involved thoroughly enjoyed the tour of Farndon Fields and being able to showcase themselves and Market Harborough on the film. This type of project doesn't come around very often and it's really boosted their confidence and their communication skills alike. It's been a very valuable learning experience.
I'd like to thank David Wilson Homes and Barratt for inviting the school to take part."
For continued peace of mind when purchasing a new home from David Wilson Homes, buyers can also benefit from the new five year guarantee on fixtures and fittings in their new homes at the time of purchase. Appliances such as washing machines and fridges, kitchen units, wardrobes, central heating systems, fires, doors, windows, draining, and the hot and cold plumbing system will all be covered at no extra cost.
For more information visit David Wilson Homes at http://www.dwh.co.uk
- For further information about 'Barratt Developments' please contact Patrick Law on +44 20 7299 4892 or Liz Morley on +44 20 7379 5151
- David Wilson Homes is part of Barratt Group, which sold 11,171 homes in the last financial year, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
- Barratt Group was named Housebuilder of the Year at the Housebuilder Awards 2011.
- Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the second consecutive year in the 2011 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- In 2011 site managers working for Barratt Group won the highest number of NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards for a record seventh consecutive year.
- Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to guarantee the fixtures and fittings in place at the time of purchase of its new homes for five years.
- For more information on the developments available across the country, visit http://www.dwh.co.uk/ today.