SOURCE: Xsigo Systems, Inc.
February 02, 2011 04:00 ET
Xsigo Announces Major Milestones and Record Growth in 2010
Multiple Company Milestones Mark a Significant Shift in the Future of Data Centers
SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - February 2, 2011) - Xsigo Systems, Inc., the leader in I/O virtualization, today announced key company milestones in 2010. Over the past 12 months Xsigo launched two important virtual I/O products; experienced significant growth from customers, partners and investors; and achieved record revenue growth.
- Tripled revenue year-over-year from 2009
- Experienced major customer growth, with over 100 customers now in production deployments at hundreds of data centers world-wide
- Launched the world's first card-free virtual I/O, enabling data center convergence on standard Ethernet
- Launched new I/O Director that delivers the industry's highest server throughput at 4X the performance of 10G Ethernet
- Expanded world-wide partner base to include -- Forsythe, Fujitsu, Capgemini, Sirius, Promark, S3, Kelway, Insight Investments, EPS Global, Zycko, Intercept-IT, Nexstor, Silverstring, Lexher IT, and Solution Centre
- Secured funding from new investors including North Bridge Venture Partners and Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com
- Expanded presence into Africa -- virtual I/O technology is now available on five continents
"Xsigo has paved the way for companies to build data centers that are ultra-efficient, simple to manage and offer the flexibility needed to support fast-changing business requirements," said Ray Lane, partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, a Xsigo investor. "The rapid increase in the demand for Xsigo's virtual I/O technologies will only accelerate when, as Gartner predicts, enterprise customers triple their use of virtualization technologies over the next four years."
Xsigo now has over 100 customer deployments around the world including leading service providers, telcos, global financial firms, entertainment companies, government agencies, universities, online auction sites, and more. Watch videos of Xsigo customers VMware, salesforce.com, Avaya, Newedge, New England Biolabs, and Wholesale Electric.
At a 2010 VMworld press event hosted by Xsigo, executives from Dell, salesforce.com, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers supported Xsigo's newest product -- the world's first Ethernet-attached virtual I/O. This launch marked a significant milestone in the transformation of the data center and in making cloud computing a reality on a global scale. Event speaker, John Doerr of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers eloquently summarized the significance of the new product and supported Xsigo in taking a stand against vendor lock-in from companies like Cisco. Watch video of John Doerr. Xsigo's bold marketing strategy placed Xsigo on Cisco's competitive radar and encouraged Network World blogger, Jim Duffy to write The Cisco Connection: Cisco's 800 pound data center gorilla: Xsigo.
"Data center managers must have virtual I/O technologies such as Xsigo's as they virtualize more applications, and as they increasingly virtualize their most I/O-intensive applications such as Oracle, SQL, and Microsoft Exchange," said Lloyd Carney, CEO of Xsigo Systems. "Only Xsigo delivers 4X the performance of Cisco, eliminates Cisco's solution lock-in, and simplifies management with a single-screen view of data center I/O -- the attributes that drove our success in 2010 and will continue to drive growth in 2011."
Awards and Accolades
Xsigo has won a number of awards including: The Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award in the Network / Internet Technologies category; being named Storage Magazine's "Product of the Year" in the networking equipment category; being indentified by Byte and Switch as a "Top 10 Storage Startup to Watch"; being named by Virtualization Review Magazine as "Take Five: Innovative Vendor"; and being identified by eWeek as a "Top 10 Disruptive New Storage Technology."
- What is Virtual I/O? Click here to read a white paper from Yankee Group's, Zeus Karravala. Download the analyst paper
- Virtual I/O offers significant and immediate ROI. Use the ROI calculator
- Virtual I/O is one of the four ingredients required for cloud computing, according to CIO Magazine. Read the article
- Cloud-connections now managed from smart devices like the iPad. View the demo
About Xsigo Virtual I/O
Virtual I/O technologies consolidate server connectivity and allow a single server connection to act as many, in the same way a virtualized server enables one physical server to appear as multiple devices. With the Xsigo I/O Director, customers can now immediately consolidate their infrastructure, reduce cabling requirements by 70 percent, cut power consumption by 30 percent, and complete routine management tasks in seconds rather than hours or days. Xsigo's unique virtual I/O technology offers unprecedented levels of performance, scalability, and ease of use, allowing data center managers to connect any server to any network and any storage resource in minutes rather than days or weeks.
About Xsigo Systems
Founded in 2004, Xsigo Systems, Inc. is the leader in data center I/O virtualization, helping organizations reduce costs and improve business agility. Based on patented and award-winning technology, Xsigo offers a complete I/O virtualization product family which includes the VP560 and VP780 I/O Directors. Xsigo has hundreds of customers, partners and resellers around the globe and services multiple industries including financial, education, government, entertainment, technology and telecommunications. The privately held company is based in San Jose, Calif., and funded by Kleiner Perkins, Khosla Ventures, Greylock Partners and North Bridge Venture Partners. For more information, visit www.xsigo.com.