CHATSWORTH, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 18, 2012) - Venstar®, a leading thermostat and energy management systems supplier, today announced its newest accessory, the Skyport™ Wi-Fi Key for the ColorTouch® commercial thermostat. The Skyport Wi-Fi Key connects to Skyport Cloud Services enabling HVAC contractors and installers to remotely control, monitor and troubleshoot their clients' ColorTouch commercial thermostats. Compatible with iPhone®, iTouch®, iPad®, Android, Mac and PC devices, the mobile app is free. The ColorTouch and Skyport Wi-Fi key can be purchased together or separately. The Skyport Wi-Fi key can also be purchased separately and used with the original ColorTouch thermostat.
"With ColorTouch Commercial and Wi-Fi- key, HVAC contractors and installers can provide customer service using the free mobile app on their mobile devices. This allows them to remotely control, monitor and troubleshoot clients' thermostats from virtually anywhere they have Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G, or Internet connections," said Steve Dushane, president and CEO, Venstar Inc.
The new ColorTouch commercial mobile application allows HVAC contractors to remotely monitor and control up to 100 locations over the Internet using Skyport Cloud Services. Multiple people can control thermostats at the same location(s) individually from their mobile devices.
Once a Skyport Cloud account is created online, users can use the application on their mobile devices or directly from the Web to:
- Instantly access up to 100 commercial locations;
- Easily monitor and control comfort settings at multiple buildings and office locations, including monitoring room temperature, supply air temperature, outdoor air temperature, run-time hours, and more;
- View incoming alerts via email on pre-configured notifications, such as important updates on the health of the system or simply if the inside temperature has gone above or below pre-set limits;
- Monitor thermostat information, including system run times and current usage, for each thermostat at all locations;
- View a pictorial display of the current weather and weather forecast for all thermostat locations;
- Schedule holidays for up to 365 days of each year, including reoccurring unoccupied days so that the thermostat can be set for "unoccupied" during those periods;
- Prevent unauthorized use by auto-screen lock or set point limiting; and
- Send text messages from the mobile device to the thermostat display, such as reminders and notes.
Scheduler Keeps Temperatures Comfortable, Reduces Energy Use
The ColorTouch commercial programmable scheduler keeps occupied periods comfortable while reducing energy use for unoccupied periods. An intuitive "Time Period" Scheduler automatically changes the temperature and mode for up to three periods per day, allowing for comfortable temperatures when the business is occupied, plus an energy savings mode for unoccupied periods. Features include:
- Choice of up to three occupied periods that nest inside of the unoccupied schedule. Any days/times that are not in the occupied periods automatically go into energy savings mode.
- User-specified modes, set points, start/stop times, and enable/disable for three occupied periods, such as regular store hours, shelf stocking, and cleaning periods.
- "Schedule Override," which allows users to extend occupied settings for up to four 30-minute periods.
- Preoccupancy purge feature, which precedes the first occupied period of the day. This allows the fan to be turned on in programmable 15-minute increments (up to three hours) before the room is occupied to freshen the air before people arrive.
- A 365-day calendar that facilitates programming for every day of the year, allowing for closed periods, such as vacations and holidays. Major holidays are already pre-programmed and are implemented with a simple check box. Users may also add as many unique holiday entries as needed for up to 10 years in advance.
Show Logos, Ads and Promotions on the ColorTouch Screen
HVAC contractors can set up the ColorTouch to show their clients' logos, ads and promotions on the screen. Importing graphical files into the ColorTouch commercial thermostat is simple using ColorTouch Assistant software. ColorTouch Assistant software has five main menu items that make programming the ColorTouch commercial thermostat fast and easy for users, including:
- Picture Gallery -- users can easily upload their own graphics, including logos, ads, photos, etc. Editing tools allow for photo placement, color and brightness adjustments. Up to 100 files may be used as a slideshow. Digital and analog clocks come standard and can be used as part of the slideshow.
- Service Information -- allows contractors to provide service contact information and their logos.
- Schedule -- users can see an "overview" of the time period schedule for heating and cooling and can edit the schedule from any Mac or PC computer running ColorTouch Assistant. The user can also view and change the schedule directly from the thermostat.
- Thermostat Settings -- users can adjust preferences, alerts, daylight savings, clock, vacation, security, and overall system settings using ColorTouch Assistant or directly at the thermostat.
- Updates to ColorTouch Software and Firmware (the operating system and feature set).
Secure Locking Thermostat and Remote Temperature Sensor
Security features include:
- An automatic screen lock, which can lock the screen minutes after it has been touched and requires a pass code to enable access (eliminates unauthorized users from changing thermostat settings).
- Temperature set-point limits, allowing the user to run the system within set temperature parameters so that no one can run the air conditioning too low or the heat too high.
- Remote temperature sensing, which allows the thermostat to be put in another room, such as a back office, so that it is away from public access.
Comfort and Energy Efficiency All in One
ColorTouch makes every business comfortable and energy efficient. Features include:
- Smart Recovery feature intelligently determines by experience how long it takes to change from the energy saver mode temperature to the daytime occupied temperature. The system learns how soon it needs to turn on so that the temperature is at the programmed level at the time occupancy is scheduled. This helps provide a gradual warm-up or cool-down, eliminating the spike of energy use it would need otherwise.
- Override feature allows the system to be adjusted for comfort after hours. The user simply presses a button on the thermostat to provide 30 more minutes of comfortable air conditioning. The user can press the thermostat override button for a total of up to four hours of extended comfort.
- Override feature also allows the system to be put into energy efficient unoccupied mode. The user simply presses the override button while it's in the occupied program, and it will automatically go into unoccupied, energy-efficient mode.
- Easy access to Energy Usage Information lets users easily see how much energy has been used to heat and cool for the past seven days. This helps users evaluate energy conservation options, giving them the opportunity to decrease energy costs. Using Skyport, users can also view monthly runtimes for the current month or previous months.
Additional Thermostat Features
- Daylight Savings mode, which automatically adjusts for daylight savings.
- Language choices of English, Spanish or French.
- Reminder alerts to change the filter and who to call for service.
- Customizable faceplates, which users can choose to match their décor. Options include white (supplied), black, silver, and wood grain. A wall plate is available, if needed, to conceal the wall area where a larger thermostat previously existed.
- Compatibility with most heating and air conditioning equipment and ability to control gas/electric or heat pump equipment, with up to 4 heating and 2 cooling stages.
Easy for Contractors to Install and Program
ColorTouch Commercial is installation-friendly with its output test screen that allows the contractor to test the system. Its graphical user interface shows what outputs turn on and which outputs should be on, so the contractor can ensure that all equipment is connected and working properly. In addition, programming and configuration may be done in advance using the provided ColorTouch Assistant software and an SD memory card (not included). Contractors can input their contact information and logo into the thermostat itself so when users have need for service, they can press the Service Information to find the contractor's information.
Great New Revenue Opportunity for HVAC Distributors and Contractors
Compatible with virtually every type of heating and air conditioning system, this vibrant and simple-to-use thermostat brings HVAC distributors and contractors a new revenue opportunity for this very different commercial thermostat for all types of businesses, from retail to offices.
For more information, visit: http://www.venstar.com/Thermostats/
For product videos, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8reHhhLdMQ
About Venstar Inc.
Founded in 1992, Venstar Inc. is a leading thermostat and energy management system (EMS) supplier, known for providing value to its customers via ease of use and installation, proven cost savings, improved energy efficiency, quality and reliability. Venstar is one of the largest thermostat suppliers in the world and designs and produces Venstar-branded products, as well as OEM thermostat products for the biggest names in HVAC. Venstar's Surveyor is a leading energy management system, typically saving small-box retailers 25 percent of their energy costs, which translates to millions of dollars in savings and dramatic reductions in CO2 emissions. Surveyor currently controls the energy usage of more than 14,000 retail locations across the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Visit Venstar: www.venstar.com