November 16, 2010 11:00 ET
Ticketfly Announces Austin City Limits Live as 100th Client
Momentum Continues as ACL Live Joins Growing Roster of Clients Nationwide
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - November 16, 2010) -
- Ticketfly, the fastest growing, independent ticketing and social marketing company, today announced that Austin's most anticipated new venue -- Austin City Limits (ACL) Live at the Moody Theater is the company's 100th client signing in just over a year since its June 2009 launch.
- Austin is known as the live music capital of the world, so the announcement of ACL Live as Ticketfly's 100th client is befitting of the company's strong music focus.
- Deemed the new home of live music history, ACL Live is:
- The new location for taping of the legendary Austin City Limits TV show: the longest running music series in the history of American television
- Directly accessible to Austin's exclusive W Hotel in the heart of downtown Austin
- One of only a handful of LEED Certified venues in the country
- This follows closely on the heels of Ticketfly's recent signing of Antone's Nightclub, the first club to open on Austin's historic 6th Street.
- The signings of ACL Live and Antone's give Ticketfly a foothold in the tech savvy, music-centric Austin market.
- Ticketfly has also recently inked ticketing and marketing services agreements with:
- The Independent in San Francisco, one of the nation's leading venues of its size, which is affiliated with Bay Area independent promoter Another Planet Entertainment.
- Birdland, the iconic New York City jazz venue.
- Other additions to the Ticketfly family in 2010 include Club Congress in Tucson, Ariz., Maxwell's in Hoboken, N.J., the Life is Good Festival, which is produced by Superfly Productions and Guerilla Union, producer of the Rock the Bells festivals.
- Ticketfly is an integrated ticketing, website and social marketing platform that allows a venue or event promoter to enter event information once and have it seamlessly update its ticketing pages, website, iPhone app, Facebook page and Twitter stream.
- Ticketfly has developed 27 client websites with 11 others under construction, as well as 13 partner-branded iPhone apps with another 8 to be released by the end of the year.
Attributable to Andrew Dreskin, CEO of Ticketfly
"We are fired up to welcome Austin City Limits Live to the Ticketfly family. This is really our kind of venue. And it seems fitting that our 100th client be a green, forward thinking venue in the music-loving, tech-savvy Austin market."
Attributable to Tim Neece, General Manager of ACL Live
"ACL Live at the Moody Theater brings together the most modern advancements in audio-visual experience -- everything from recording and lighting to seating and style has been carefully chosen to reflect our aesthetic commitment to the live music experience. As the new home for live music history, we chose Ticketfly as our ticketing partner to complement us and bring the newest tools in ticketing and communications to our Austin community."
Ticketfly is the fastest-growing, independent ticketing and social marketing platform. Ticketfly offers event promoters next-generation ticketing and powerful website and social marketing tools, saving them time and money. Ticketfly was created by the team who first brought event ticketing to the Web. Recently, Fast Company named Ticketfly one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Music and Billboard called Ticketfly one of the Five Hot Digital Music Companies to Watch. For more information on Ticketfly, visit www.ticketfly.com.
About Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater:
Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater is a state-of-the-art, 2,700-person capacity live music venue that will also serve as the new home of the KLRU-TV produced PBS program Austin City Limits, the longest running music series in American television history. The venue will host 60-100 concerts a year, in addition to the nights the Austin City Limits show will tape. ACL Live at The Moody Theater, nestled next to the W Austin Hotel & Residences™, is the premier destination in Austin for live performances as well as private events and only one of two dedicated live music venues in the country built to USGBC LEED rated standards. For more information, visit www.acl-live.com.