February 08, 2011 09:00 ET
MuleSoft Debuts Mule iON -- World's First Integration PaaS
Integration Service Provides Orchestration Across Enterprise and Cloud, Solves Emerging "Cloud Silo" Problem
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - February 8, 2011) - MuleSoft, the provider of web middleware built on leading open source projects Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, today announced a private beta program for a new integration platform as a service (iPaaS) called Mule iON. Mule iON enables developers and application teams to integrate and orchestrate applications and services seamlessly across the enterprise and cloud. It also provides IT operations with the same runtime visibility and control they would expect from an on-premise integration platform, all without the need to install or manage middleware or hardware infrastructure.
"With the mass migration of companies moving their applications to the cloud, a new problem of 'cloud silos' is emerging, creating a critical need to integrate cloud-based services with each other and with enterprise applications behind the firewall," said Greg Schott, CEO of MuleSoft. "Mule iON reflects our deep experience in enterprise integration, coupled with Mule's massive community of developers and users. While existing integration services have focused on tactical point-to-point integration, Mule iON is a robust integration PaaS, bringing the full power of Mule capabilities to the cloud. With Mule iON, users can be up and running in hours, while ensuring that they have the scalability, flexibility and manageability that they have come to expect from Mule."
Mule iON is a fully cloud-based iPaaS, enabling customers to take advantage of the economics and elasticity of the cloud for their integration infrastructure. With Mule iON, users can leverage a library of out-of-the-box cloud connectors to integrate with popular SaaS offerings, cloud services, and social media platforms. At the same time, Mule iON provides a secure gateway to the enterprise, allowing users to integrate and orchestrate their enterprise applications along with their cloud-based services. With a runtime engine built on the leading Mule technology at its core, as well as a sophisticated management portal for runtime performance monitoring and management, Mule iON provides unparalleled scalability, flexibility and manageability.
The benefits of the Mule iON integration PaaS include:
- Robust runtime engine -- offers scalable and flexible integration capabilities -- from simple point-to-point to full-scale SOA scenarios -- and enables orchestration of multiple services across the enterprise and the cloud
- Multi-tenancy -- provides tenant-based isolation for data security and integrity, as well as cost-effective scale
- Out-of-the-box cloud connectors -- make it simple to integrate popular SaaS, cloud and social media platforms such as Salesforce.com, Intuit, Authorize.net, Amazon, Twitter, and Facebook. A development kit allows developers to create new cloud connectors easily without any knowledge of the underlying integration infrastructure
- Secure enterprise gateway -- provides a secure pipe to the enterprise, breaking down the "cloud silo" and enabling enterprise-to-cloud integration scenarios and orchestration of services across the enterprise and cloud
- Sophisticated management portal -- gives IT administrators the same amount of visibility and control they would expect from on-premise infrastructure software, including performance monitoring and alerting, diagnostics, performance SLA management, deployment, and service-flow auditing
- Development Tools -- Mule iON leverages existing development tools such as Maven and Eclipse that allows developers to create and test Mule applications without learning new tools or processes. Applications can be tested locally, having zero impact on the way developers work, and easily deployed to Mule iON with a few clicks
- Uptime SLAs and elasticity -- guarantees that your integration processes will run continuously and without interruption or data loss, and that they will scale automatically as demand grows
"In 2011, there is great anticipation regarding platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offerings for cloud computing, as many notable vendors enter the field," said Yefim Natis, Vice President and Distinguished Analyst, Gartner Research. "Users should plan for a gradual shift from on-premises IT architectures toward a hybrid model in which these architectures coexist and interoperate with public cloud-based architectures."
Mule iON is currently in private beta. To register for the beta program, please visit www.mulesoft.com.
MuleSoft is Hiring
MuleSoft is looking for great people in all areas. For more information, visit http://www.mulesoft.com/careers.
MuleSoft is the Web Middleware Company, providing enterprise-class software based on the world's most popular open source application infrastructure products, Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat. With Mule ESB and Tcat Server, MuleSoft brings an ideal combination of simplicity and power to today's web applications. Its products boast more than 1.5 million downloads and over 2,500 production deployments by leading organizations such as Walmart.com, Nokia, Nestlé, Honeywell and DHL, as well as 85 in the Global 500 and 5 of the world's top 10 banks. MuleSoft is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide.
For more information: www.mulesoft.com, or email email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter: Mulejockey