LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - May 8, 2012) - FitDay (www.fitday.com), the free online diet and weight loss journal trusted by millions of users, today launched the next generation of online FitDay tools. The new FitDay is a top-to-bottom product reimagining that introduces numerous new features and enhancements to help users achieve their fitness goals.
"We know the essential part FitDay plays in our users' lives. So when we started work on the new FitDay, we went straight to our users to understand exactly what they wanted in a redesign," said Brent Conver, general manager of FitDay. "We've retained all the essentials our users love and added lots of new functionality, all while improving speed and usability. We're very proud of the final result."
A New (Fit)Day
FitDay's bold new look sports a contemporary color palette and a streamlined user interface developed to maximize productivity on the site. Functions such as searching for foods, logging foods, and viewing reports can now be accomplished in fewer steps.
Among the numerous product enhancements in the new FitDay:
- Dashboard: An all-new feature that provides a quick and easy overview of daily status, progress, and reminders. Highlights include food intake, calorie burn, weight, daily calorie budget and net calories.
- Calorie Budget & Net Calories: New vital statistics that let users set a goal calorie budget for each day and see how close they come to achieving their goal level at glance. Useful for those trying to lose or to maintain weight.
- Calendar: Food, activity, weight, and diary entries can now be logged in advance for days in the future or for missed days in the past.
- Food Search: Users can more quickly filter their Custom and Recent food items, making maintaining and searching large amounts of Custom food items more manageable.
- Settings: FitDay is now fully customizable. Users can change their Food and Activity log settings to suit their individual needs.
FitDay.com Premium Upgrades
FitDay Premium, the feature-filled paid upgrade for FitDay accounts, has been completely redesigned along with the free version of FitDay. FitDay Premium retains its 100% ad-free interface while benefiting from all of the product enhancements of the free version. Additionally, FitDay Premium introduces the following features:
- Faster Access: Greatly enhanced load times combine with an all-new single-click food and activity shortcut to simplify the logging process.
- Quick View Nutritional Information: Users can quickly view and edit a food's nutritional information without leaving the page.
- Custom Reporting: Users can now track and compare any piece of data they would like in order to identify trends in their eating and exercise habits. For example, users can create a chart tracking "miles ran," "calorie intake" and "protein intake" for the past two months.
The new FitDay is immediately available to new FitDay users who sign up for an account starting today. Existing users will automatically retain the classic version of FitDay and can upgrade to the new FitDay at any time by logging in, clicking "Profile," and changing their Preferred Theme to "FitDay 2.0."
Launched in 2002, FitDay (www.fitday.com) is an online diet journal and calorie tracker that helps users stay on top of foods, exercises, weight loss, and fitness goals. More than 6 million people have used FitDay to take control of their diets and stay healthy over the past decade. FitDay is an Internet Brands, Inc. website.