SOURCE: Emerging Threats
December 06, 2010 09:00 ET
Emerging Threats and NitroSecurity Form Technology Partnership to Share Threat Intelligence
LAFAYETTE, IN--(Marketwire - December 6, 2010) -
- Emerging Threats Pro, the most comprehensive intrusion prevention solution available, and NitroSecurity, the leader in high-performance, content-aware security information and event management solutions (SIEM), today announced a technology partnership to share threat intelligence and research.
- In today's IT environment, new malware threats are emerging so rapidly that security solutions are struggling to keep pace. Information is the key component of any defense against new attacks and this partnership provides each company with greater access to the intelligence needed to thwart emerging attacks. By sharing threat intelligence, rules and research, Emerging Threats and NitroSecurity will enhance their view of the evolving IT threat landscape.
- Emerging Threats Pro and NitroSecurity customers will benefit from the research of both organizations and the unique capabilities each team brings to the industry.
- NitroSecurity and Emerging Threats will share research and combine rulesets to allow both organizations to offer a more complete and more effective security solution to their clients.
- Emerging Threats Pro is an open source IDS/IPS ruleset, which combines the best of the Emerging Threats open source community, along with an experienced, full-time research team, and the industry-leading Telus vulnerability and malware research to cover the full range of threats facing security professionals today.
- It is the only ruleset available today that supports Suricata and all versions of Snort back to 2.4.
- NitroSecurity is a leading cybersecurity and compliance management company that develops the industry's fastest and most scalable analytical tools to gather and analyze information on security threats in real time. This allows its customers to stay updated on potential attacks while fulfilling stringent regulatory requirements.
- "At Emerging Threats, we think better intelligence leads to better security," said Matt Jonkman, founder and CEO of Emerging Threats Pro. "Our partnership with Nitro Security is evidence of that commitment. With the combined resources and research of our two companies, customers will no doubt benefit from greater security coverage and defenses against even the most aggressive and unique brands of attacks."
- "Relentless advances in malware and cyberthreats will continue in 2011," said Jeremy Conway, Senior Security Analyst at NitroSecurity. "Comprehensive data analyzed in real time is the key to effective threat detection and incident response. By working together, NitroSecurity and Emerging Threats will significantly expand the cyber threat knowledge base and help IT security teams recapture the advantage."
About Emerging Threats Pro
Emerging Threats produces the fastest and most diverse IDS signature set and firewall rules available today. Through dedicated researchers and the support of its open source community, the company offers all users and organizations both free and commercial content that is compatible with both Snort and Suricata. For more information, please visit http://www.emergingthreatspro.com
NitroSecurity develops high-performance security information and event management (SIEM) solutions that protect critical information and infrastructure. NitroSecurity solutions reduce risk exposure and increase network and information availability by removing the scalability and performance limitations of security information management. Utilizing the industry's fastest analytical tools, NitroSecurity identifies correlates and remediates threats in minutes instead of hours, allowing organizations to quickly mitigate risks to their information and infrastructure. NitroSecurity serves more than 500 organizations in the energy, healthcare, education, financial services, government, retail, hospitality and managed services industries. For more information, please visit http://www.nitrosecurity.com.