January 03, 2011 11:21 ET
Compete Releases Search Market Share for November 2010
BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - January 3, 2011) - Compete, a Kantar Media company, today released its search market share data for November 2010 based on data from the company's panel of more than two million US-based internet users.
Among the notable findings for November:
- Bing-powered engines as a whole grew 4.3 percent month-over-month (M-O-M) in query volume, driving Bing's total market share up by 1 percentage point.
- Bing and Yahoo!'s respective market shares continue to be nearly the same; although Yahoo! experienced a slightly greater query volume growth in November.
- Bing had the highest growth in the number of unique visitors searching on its engine, with an M-O-M increase of 7.4 percent.
- Google has seen its query volume decline for the second month in a row, with a recent 1.1 percent M-O-M decrease.
- Both ASK and AOL's share remained flat from October to November.
Compete is compiling a 2010 "year in review" this month that covers trends, highlights and other interesting findings.
Compete, a Kantar Media company, helps the world's top brands improve their marketing based on the online behavior of millions of consumers. Leading advertisers, agencies and publishers rely on Compete's products and services to create engaging online experiences and highly profitable advertising campaigns. Compete's online panel -- the largest in the industry -- makes the web as ingrained in marketing as it is in people's lives. Compete is located in Boston, MA, with offices throughout the U.S. For more information, please visit http://www.compete.com/.
About Kantar Media
Established in more than 50 countries, Kantar Media helps clients master the world's multimedia momentum through analysis of print, radio, TV, internet, cinema, mobile, social media, and outdoor worldwide. Kantar Media offers a full range of media insights and audience measurement services through its global business sectors -- Intelligence, Audiences, TGI and Custom. Kantar Media companies also include Compete, Cymfony and SRDS. Drawing upon the deepest expertise in the industry, Kantar Media tracks more than 3 million brands and delivers insight to more than 22,000 customers worldwide.