DENVER, CO--(Marketwire - May 7, 2012) - CH2M HILL (www.ch2mhill.com) has won the Global Water Award for Water Company of the Year. The annual Global Water Awards, sponsored by the International Desalination Association and Global Water Intelligence, distinguish outstanding achievements within the international water industry. The awards were presented at the Global Water Summit in Rome on April 30, which is attended by water leaders from around the world.
The Global Water Award for Water Company of the Year is given to the water company that made the most significant contributions to the development and advancement of the global water sector over the past year.
"This is a distinct honor for CH2M HILL," said Bob Bailey, CH2M HILL Water Business Group President. "Several prestigious international water companies have received this honor in the past, and we are very pleased to earn this worldwide recognition. This recognition is a testament to not only the hard work and dedication of CH2M HILL's employees to solve our clients' challenges, but also to our clients and partners in the urban, industrial, energy and agricultural sectors who trust us to deliver solutions that balance social, economic and environmental priorities."
CH2M HILL was selected as Water Company of the Year based on the firm's numerous achievements in 2011 such as:
- Expanding its presence around the world with the acquisition of Halcrow, which added 80 offices worldwide, 6,000 employees. The Halcrow acquisition has broadened and deepened CH2M HILL's influence -- and value -- for water users in all sectors.
- Launching "WaterMatch," a specific water-related grassroots initiative that promotes the beneficial re-use of municipal effluent by the industrial and agricultural sectors which collectively represent roughly 88-90% of global water consumption.
- CH2M HILL is one of the few engineering firms that can provide its clients with complete operations and maintenance services within the water/wastewater operations arena in addition to engineering technical expertise.
- Named World's Most Ethical Companies -- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 by the Ethisphere Institute.
- Growing its water work for industrial, energy and agricultural clients, including its growing practice of water management for oil sands operations in Alberta and bioenergy developments in Brazil and the U.S.
Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, USA, employee-owned CH2M HILL is a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management for government, civil, industrial and energy clients. The firm's work is concentrated in the areas of water, transportation, environmental, energy, facilities and resources. With US$6.4 billion in revenue and 30,000 employees, CH2M HILL is an industry-leading program management, construction management and design firm, as ranked by Engineering News-Record and named a leader in sustainable engineering by Verdantix. The firm has been named a FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For five times. Visit us at www.ch2mhill.com, www.ch2mhillblogs.com/water, twitter.com/ch2mhill and facebook.com/ch2mhill.