VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 22, 2010) - This holiday season could prove extra jolly for as many as eleven Canadians, with eleven major prizes totaling $60 Million available in this Friday's LOTTO MAX draw. Every $5 LOTTO MAX ticket sold for the Christmas Eve draw offers players three chances to win the $50 Million jackpot plus one of an estimated 10 MAXMILLION prizes of $1 Million each.
Winning a MAXMILLION prize is similar to winning the main jackpot – a player must match all seven winning numbers drawn for that prize. If no ticket wins the $50 million jackpot, it will again carry over to the next draw, along with any MAXMILLIONS that are not won.
So far this year, B.C. has produced four LOTTO MAX jackpot winners: Kevin Bowser from Houston, B.C. split a $19 Million jackpot with Ivan Catchpaw of Abbotsford with each taking home $9.5 Million. Derek and Frances Bird of Surrey claimed a $25 Million LOTTO MAX prize, and Vancouver's Kurt and Claude Blanchette-Ebert set a new B.C. record as the richest jackpot winners in this province's history when they claimed a $50 Million jackpot last month.
- Draws held each Friday night
- Each $5 ticket features 3 chances to win (7 numbers each)
- To win a jackpot players must match 7/7 numbers
- When the main jackpot reaches $50 Million, additional ticket sales are used to fund individual prizes of $1 Million called MAXMILLIONS
- Each MAXMILLION prize is drawn separately, following the main draw
- Players must match 7 of 7 numbers to win the corresponding MAXMILLION
LOTTO MAX can be played at all BCLC retail locations and online at www.PlayNow.com. Winning numbers can be found online at www.bclc.com following each draw. Please allow extra time for MAXMILLIONS draws.
BCLC is a provincial Crown Corporation that offers socially responsible gaming entertainment while generating income that benefits all British Columbians.