With the increased popularity and relevance of social media, Marketwire has developed stronger communications practices for both internal and external audiences. While social media brings about new opportunities for interaction and collaboration, it also means added responsibilities for Marketwire employees who contribute to blogs, wikis, social networks, virtual worlds, or any other kind of social media platform, for professional and personal reasons during both work and recreational time.
The following Code of Conduct has been created for your guidance and protection and to ensure that Marketwire's presence on social networking sites is held to the highest scrutiny.
Marketwire and its employees currently participate in several social networking sites, including, but not limited to:
- Networking sites - LinkedIn, Facebook, MySpace
- Microblogging - Twitter
- Marketwire Blog - Marketwireblog.com
- Employee-owned/authored blogs
- Photo and video sharing sites - Flickr, Photobucket, YouTube
- Bookmarking/website sharing sites - Delicious, StumbleUpon, Digg, Newsvine, Reddit
- Wikis - Wikipedia and other forms of user interaction such as Yahoo! Answers
All Marketwire employees must understand and abide by the following elements intrinsic to social media: